There is a lot I could say about an epic week long trip to Cape Cod with 70 family and extended-family members. My mom’s side of the family travels to the Cape every-other year and this year even more members came and they brought along their in-laws so we had quite the crew.
Here are some highlights:
- Staying in a lovely house with my parents, sisters, brother-in-law and nephews and watching Isla light up when she saw them each morning
- Clambake at the VFW in Chatham with everyone
- Lunch in Wellfleet just the three of us where Isla was hilarious
- Hanging out with in my parents room with my family during a thunderstorm (Von Trapp style, complete with a rendition of ‘My Favorite Things’) where Isla rolled around the bed entertaining us
- Pisces. Enough said.
- Trespassing onto Nauset beach via a private access road for the Pochet Homeowners association
- Lighthouse Beach
- Rock Harbor Grill with Mik and Matt
- Cards Against Humanity with the Norris’s
- Seeing California and Wisconsin DeRoches that we rarely see (shout-out to David, Katrina, Olivia and Luke – I hope you are reading this at breakfast!)
- A beautiful rainbow following a storm on Hardings Beach for family portraits
Apologies for the number of photos. Of course a ton of these are very Isla-focused. That kid is just too cute it is hard not to take a boatload of photos.